2. Literary Devices Reading Check: students filled out worksheets on literary devices in Act I scenes i-iv. We checked answers together as a class. (Both worksheet and answers are posted on moodle)
3. Reactions to the witches prophesies:
- Prophesies: He will be Thane of Cawdor and King
- Reaction: likes the idea of becoming king. He is especially happy when he becomes Thane of Cawdor because it means the other part of the prediction could come true.
- Prophesies: He will not be king, but his son (and descendants) will be
- Reaction: He is wary because he thinks the wyrd sisters may be witches and therefore evil. He doesn't want to think about the prophesies.
5. Read scenes v, vi, vii
Homework: finish reading Act 1. (mp3 file for scene vii is posted on moodle in two parts)