2. Review of Act I: We summarized what has happened so far in Macbeth. Different students contributed facts about each scene.
3. Language Tools in Act I: Ms. Meakes gave out some notes on language tools. We are supposed to fill out the back for homework.
4. Lady Macbeth's Persuasion: We filled out a chart looking for Lady Macbeth's persuasion techniques from Act I scene vi. We reviewed the answers as a class and they are posted on moodle.
5. "We Wear the Mask" by Paul Laurence Dunbar. We talked about the meaning of the poem, the reason for wearing a mask conveyed by the speaker (protection, to hide from the world) and compared it to Macbeth's use of deception/two-faced behaviour. We discussed the idea of appearance (mask) vs. reality (real emotions).
6. Read II i-iv (finish for homework)
7. Sociogram Assignment - see handout. Due Tuesday April 19th.